PinellasPascoParanormal/Hostile Haunts Specialists
Things that contrary to popular belief do not stop a spirit from haunting anyone, and some that may make things even worse.
THINGS THAT IN SPITE OF POPULAR BELIEF DO NOT DRIVE SPIRITS AWAY:
There are many things that people believe will drive away a ghost or spirit. Most of them simply are not effective at all, when a spirit is determined to hang around. Some may annoy the spirit, some may actually make things worse for you. If you use some common sense it is easy to see why these things would not work. For example, are you afraid of salt now? If not then why would you be scared or put off by it after you die? Below is a list of things that we have found do not work to get rid of a spirit:
1. Holy water: this has no effect on a human spirit whatsoever. It may help with alleged or imagined demon infestations, if you "believe" in them and believe it will, but not with the average haunting, or simply a spirit presence. Not every spirit is an evil spirit.
2. Burning sage. Sage only works on a chemical level to create negative ions which weaken a spirit. Those ions make it hard for a spirit to move their energy through that space. It would be like you or I trying to swim through a pool of thick jello. It can help protect an experienced person when they are doing a cleansing but the average person is just going to anger the spirit. Sage alone, without the proper banishing prayers for an evil spirit and the right personal energy to repel that spirit, does nothing but make the environment uncomfortable for the spirit for about 24 hours or so. Then you have an annoyed spirit who feels like you gave them a mickey. Burning sage also tells the spirit that you want to get rid of them and that you are afraid. Not a good idea? Sage should only be used by an experienced spirit cleanser who knows it's properties and purposes.
3. Lighting white candles. Spirits like candles and this will not do anything to drive them off. If candles did not scare them when they were alive, then why should they scare them now? Seriously, folks this makes no sense at all, if you really think about it.
4. Convex mirrors. Mirrors do not bother ghosts and spirits at all, in fact they use them to reflect and amplify their light and to visibly manifest , so they can be seen in them. Mirrors are also NOT portals for spirits, they simply reflect, refract and amplify light which makes it more likely that you can see a spirit in and even near a mirror.
5. Garlic. Spirits are not going to be affected in any way by garlic. People love garlic and just because they have passed on does not mean they suddenly develop an aversion to it. This is not a Bram Stoker novel. This is an old wives tale.
6. Having a priest bless the house, only works if the priest believes in the spirit that is haunting, and the spirit is an evil one. Human spirits that are not malevolent will not be affected at all. Priests often just bless the house to pacify the person who is scared but in reality most times they do not believe there is anything there. You can not fight what you don't even acknowledge to exist.
7. Telling the spirit to leave. This only works for people who have the strong energy to project in order to push out the spirit, or if the spirit is inclined to not stay where they are not wanted. If you are afraid of the spirit, this will not work. In fact, even if you aren't it still might not work.
8. Putting olive oil crosses on the doors and windows. This will not affect the spirit, and will make a mess on your windows.
9. Pouring salt around the house: Salt will only block a spirit's energy from moving a small object that is placed in a bowl of salt.This is because salt is not a conductor and blocks their energy from moving through it. Salt does not stop a spirit as they can float right over it. Salt simply does not work. This is another old world myth.
10. Putting religious objects around the home. If this actually worked then no one would ever be haunted for long, now would they? You can put up as many religious objects as you want but they alone will not affect a spirit at all. Statues, pictures and amulets have no power over a spirit, as they are just objects with no life force or energy of their own to project.
Any and all of these things, may not work and may even anger the spirit as they will know you are out to get them out of your home, and may take offense. The best way to get rid of a spirit that is being a pest is to ignore the activity and starve them out. Malevolent human spirits want the fear fix they get from the living. Lonely spirits want interaction. Both of these types will eventually get frustrated, when they do not get the reaction they want and move on. Human spirits with a message or a mission will not usually give up easily, and you may have to give them the chance to communicate what it is they need to be known, in order for them to move on. To do this call an experienced paranormal resolution team, in your area." Do not attempt to record EVPS in your home, it is like inviting spirits into your home. Call a professional and let them initiate any evp communication safely." To learn how not to feed a haunting, read the article titled "How does a ghost become a demon?" on this home page.
Should you think that you may have a haunting in your home and if you are afraid, you can use this psalm and say it in each room, to try and discourage the activity, if it is an evil spirit, that has come into your home. It may help but if it doesn't call a pro to come out and help you.
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the Lord, who is my refuge—
10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”